Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crepes - Sister 2


I was first introduced to crepes by my good friend Julie. I remember sleeping over at her house many times while I was young and in the morning we would make either crepes or crumb cake muffins for breakfast. I remember we would always put just plain powdered sugar on the crepes, roll them up tight, and eat up. They were good that way, back then. But now days I like to do it a little differently. Crepes are still a breakfast food for me, but now when I make crepes I use fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas with yogurt for the filling. They are so yummy, and they make a light but satisfying breakfast. I hope you love them as much as my family and I do.

Crepes

2 eggs
1 cup and 2 tbsps milk
1 cup flour
2 tbsps sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter, melted

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend for a couple of minutes, scraping the sides to make sure all the flour is off the sides. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium low heat. When the pan is hot spray with cooking spray and pour a small amount of batter into the pan. You want to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. Let it cook until it looks set on the top, which should be just a minute or two, then flip and let it cook a minute or two longer on the other side. Remove and repeat until all the batter has been cooked. You can serve these crepes with lots of different fillings, but like I said I like to cut fresh strawberries and bananas and use fresh blueberries with some strawberry yogurt. Enjoy!
* For my family of 5 we usually double the recipe and it is usually enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment