Saturday, January 28, 2012

Starburst Handouts - Sis 1

I am teaching lesson 5 from manual 1 in Young Women's tomorrow. I like all of this lesson, but the part that stood out the most for me was

"We must [be happy] now, not at some future time when our present problems may be solved or when our dreams and wishes may come true. In this world of trials and challenges, that idealistic time may never come. True joy and peace are available at any time of life to all those who live as their Heavenly Father wants them to live."

Our older brother has been sending us emails this year to remind us that happiness is a choice. I completely agree, and I appreciate the reminders. I keep thinking of the lyrics by U2, "Don't say that later will be better. Now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it."

So, I made a handout of both that quote from the lesson and the letter from the YW General Presidency, and I will attach Starbursts candies to the smaller one. I'll post the pdfs when I figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment