Friday, February 17, 2012

It's a Love/ Hate Relationship - Sis 2

Why is it that I have such a hard time convincing myself to exercise. (And, I think, probably about a million other people have the same problem.) I feel soo much better after I exercise every day. But, still, when the alarm clock goes off the next morning I would much rather stay in bed than get up and exercise. I know there are so many health benefits to exercising, I can't name them all, I have no desire to name them all. I do know exercise can help a person lose weight. It can also raise seratonin levels, which in turn helps a person feel happy and less stressed. Exercise can even stop a person from catching a cold, or any other virus floating around. So, why is it that some of us find it so hard to exercise. Maybe, because it is work. Exercise is not always easy. And, to see results from exercise it has to be done on a regular basis. But the good thing is when you do start to see results it is motivation to exercise more, because you finally see the good that all that work is doing for you.
I have been participating in a points contest since the beginning of the year. There are few things that you have to do every day to earn points, and then at the end of the contest the person with the most points wins. If we exercise for 1/2 hour we get 3 points, if we exercise for 1/2 hour more we get 5 more points. If we don't eat any sweets during the day we get 2 points. If we eat 3 vegetables and 2 fruits we get 5 points. I have been doing pretty good on the contest. There have been a few days that I have eaten sweets and a few days that I have eaten after 7pm, so I have lost points for those things. But, I have exercised an hour a day 6 days a week (we get Sundays off) since the beginning of the year. And, I am starting to see results. It's definitely a Love/Hate relationship, but I'm loving it a little more. Along with all the other health benefits from exercising, it's one more reason I will get up and do my hour of exercise tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment