Friday, April 20, 2012

The Manhattan Cookie Project -Sister 4

A little background to set the stage: The Manhattan Project was a secret assignment created by the US, Canadian, and British governments between 1939 and 1946. Brilliant scientists, known for their intellect and initiative, were brought together to create one thing; the atomic bomb. Okay, there were probably many other goals associated with the Manhattan Project, but the most memorable accomplishment was the development of the first nuclear bombs. Now to the point: I recently got carried away by a strange wind; this prevailing gale probably came from the direction of my talented, and sometimes overly ambitious, sisters. I’m sure you’ve noticed all the cooking and craftiness. Anyhow, this gust made its way into my brain and I have acted on it. I decided I was going to make my own recipe book, just for cookies.
Since the plan started I’ve baked multiple batches of cookies, all different flavors, of course. Most have been tried and tested recipes, but I have tried a few new concoctions. Not too long ago I even created a recipe of my own. There’s a little bakery close to my office with the most delicious almond cookies and I was determined to figure out how to make them myself. It took a couple tries, but I did it. Now I make them all the time. But there are problems with this whole foolish plan. The first is that I have cookies everywhere. The girls at the office have been getting angry with me for bringing treats in all the time. Second, I’ve been eating way too many of them myself. Third, if I want the book to be successful, even if it’s just for me, I’m going to have to keep going on with this. But the fourth and most infuriating part is the constant chaotic and cluttered state of my kitchen. Thus, I have dubbed this scatter-brained idea “The Manhattan Cookie Project.”

1 comment: