Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chocolate Filled Crumbles - Sis1


I'm taking dessert to a PTA luncheon today, and like I said I'm moving, so I'm only using stuff I already have in my pantry. That means I can't take anything that requires cream, white flour, white sugar (they're already at my storage unit) or, a handful of other things.

You may recognize part of this recipe from my Apple Crisp recipe. That's because the crust is the same. But with this fillling, there's no need to serve it on a plate, or top it with cream.

Chocolate Filled Crumbles

Ingredients:

Crust:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups whole white wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats

Filling 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients for the crust in a large bowl and cut together with a pastry blender. 

Press half of the crisp mixture into a 9x13 pan. I like to use pyrex, because it bakes so nicely. Reserve the other half of the crisp mixture.

Combine condensed milk and chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is homogeneous.  Spread over crust in pan. Sprinkle the other half of the crust mixture over the top of the chocolate filling, making sure to cover the edges, too.

Bake about 35 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown. Cool well, and cut into squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment