Monday, January 23, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Sis 2


A few days ago my preschooler came home from preschool raving about her treat that day. She said, "Mom we had the best snack today at preschool. It was oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips."
I thought that was kind of funny coming from a four year old; what four year old likes oatmeal as a treat. (My kids actually really like to eat oatmeal for breakfast, weird, I know, but good.) I guess it was the fact that it was cookies and they had chocolate chips. I have not been baking as much lately because I have been trying to "lay off" of the sugar, and we also just recently moved, so I have been a bit too busy unpacking boxes and organizing the house to bake cookies.
But I asked her if she would like to help me make some oatmeal cookies and she quickly agreed.
I got this recipe from a sister who got it from someone else, so I don't know where it was from originally. They are very yummy cookies, and I love the hint of cinnamon in them. Here is the recipe.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugars together in mixer. Then add the eggs, bk powder, bk soda, vanilla, and cinnamon, mix well. Then add the flour, oatmeal and coconut and mix. If adding coconut, cut down the oatmeal to 1 1/4 cups, it will work better. Once the cookie dough is mixed well, add chocolate chips and stir in. Bake cookies at 375 for about 8 minutes, or until just done. Do not let these cookies get brown, unless of course, you like hard crunchy cookies. I prefer chewy cookies, so I let them get just barely golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment